PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighindu79 View Post
Has anybody considered the Carsara CarPlay unit US $225.09 39% Off | E90 E91 E92 E93 car DVD monitor apple wireless carplay interface box android auto module for 3 Series radio screen CIC system
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrsTTCT

I am still waiting for Kremersino to send me a replacement v2 unit but I have very little confidence if it will resolve my issue. I may go with the Carsara unit if the replacement kremersino unit doesn't work. If anyone has experience with the Carsara unit please chime in with any feedback.
This Carsara unit looks very tempting to try, especially for the price. I have a Kremersino v1, and though it's pretty good, the bass quality over AUX was never addressed, and it needs an external mic. The Carsara unit seems to use the factory mic and says it does calls over BT instead of Carplay, which is preferable. I have to manually switch to BMW BT anyway with the Kremersino unit since calls over CP don't sound good to the person on the other end. The Carsara also seems not to have a separate AUX cable and I assume provides the audio through the quad lock connector. I think I'm going to order one and give it a shot.