02-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #32
pwrdbym
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdumitru78 View Post
S

The troublesome parts, as we were done driving the service engine soon light came on, Oxygen sensors. The records only show on time/yearly oil changes, but that is about it. Owner seems to be more realistic about a 27k price point. Question is, should I do a PPI on it, or what should I expect to have to address on such a low milage car...
As far as normal maintenance you're not going to see a lot of records on such a low mile car. BMW scheduled maintenance is sparse anyway. If you want to bring the car up to spec I'd do a fresh oil/filter, power steering fluid, transmission fluid and diff fluid. You'd also want to change the brake fluid as that's done on time, not mileage (Especially with no record). Check the condition of the air and cabin filters and replace if necessary. There are plenty of opinions as to whether the driveline fluids should be changed, but the old school method is every 3yrs and you'd be at 12. So to each their own on that.

As for comps, I bought a 2011 E93, Mineral, 6MT with 47k in Oct 2018 for 24k. I specifically wanted the vert because I have a track car. It's nice to be able to take the kids on drives and I really enjoy the top down on a nice day. Yes, the coupe is a better performer, however if you're just grand touring you're not going to notice the difference. Trust me, plenty of seat time in both.

Nice example, have the seller take care of the O2 sensors, and do a bit of preventative maintenance and it should serve you well. Nice, low mileage examples of the E9x are not likely to depreciate a lot further.
91 BMW 850i 6MT--20 Ram 1500
16 Chevy Tahoe 4WD
Appreciate 0