View Single Post
      04-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #44
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Or how about if you don't have the funds to do it right, go ahead and save your money, run the more than adequate stock brakes, refrain from building a Frankenbrake and don't worry what your friends think? I know that you are being sarcastic but you are supporting my point.

FWIW - I currently only have a front BBK and run upgraded lines and pads on the rear. Guess what? It is fantastic on the track. I'll be grabbing the matching Essex rear kit once released - but I must admit that it's not necessary.

On my previous car (e46 M3), I found a front Brembo BBK brand new, in the box, for $2,500. Ran that on numerous track days with upgraded pads and lines in the rear. Zero issues and saved some cash. I'm not suggesting that everyone needs to buy the best. I'm just saying don't spend your money on a "performance" mod that doesn't actually improve performance. Keep an eye on the used market for a BBK. There are often lightly used kits in the for-sale section.
This. I got my Stoptech 380/355 kit new for 3600. That even included the Tiffany Blue paint and caliper rebuild.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0