View Single Post
      04-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #34
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
I know right, why would someone want to find a way to save money on a mod that is 99% of the time just for cosmetics.. that's just crazy!!, we should all save up for BBK at $8000 just to impress our friends, when we never really track the cars and our stock brakes are just fine for our power level...
Or how about if you don't have the funds to do it right, go ahead and save your money, run the more than adequate stock brakes, refrain from building a Frankenbrake and don't worry what your friends think? I know that you are being sarcastic but you are supporting my point.

FWIW - I currently only have a front BBK and run upgraded lines and pads on the rear. Guess what? It is fantastic on the track. I'll be grabbing the matching Essex rear kit once released - but I must admit that it's not necessary.

On my previous car (e46 M3), I found a front Brembo BBK brand new, in the box, for $2,500. Ran that on numerous track days with upgraded pads and lines in the rear. Zero issues and saved some cash. I'm not suggesting that everyone needs to buy the best. I'm just saying don't spend your money on a "performance" mod that doesn't actually improve performance. Keep an eye on the used market for a BBK. There are often lightly used kits in the for-sale section.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-25-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00