Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850tgul View Post
I get it. If I keep my car long term, I will likely have them changed out as I believe the better bet is to have them swapped by the most competent shop you can find.
My point was only that the anxiety remains, even after dropping $3k to alleviate the anxiety. You spend the $ and then have to hope the shop did the install correctly. Would still be in the back of my mind when I drove the car.
Have there been other (multiple) examples of individuals changing their RBs and then experiencing a related failure?

I do think their is credence to your opinion above and tend to agree to some extent.

Regardless, this is not a cut and dry issue with the s65 and the type of RB, installation process, etc. all play a factor it would appear.

We still don't know why some s65s are still running strong on 150-200k miles and some failed sub 50k. It's too bad BMW has never weighed in on the matter to assist their M enthusiasts.
But we kinda do know why some last. Statistical probability and tolerance stack.

If you have a tight engine, it will fail sooner than one with proper clearance. Simple physics. Well, not so simple hydrodynamic bearing physics.

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0