11-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I forgot about flipping them. That makes a ton of sense. Is this possible with the BFGs? Certainly not with the PS2s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
You can flip them if they are a symetrical tire.We have done that for years for lapping & screwing around on.It sure helps to reduce the tire bills!I used to be able to buy the Hoosiers as take off from Grand Am cup teams and most of the time they only had 1 heat cycle on them and many times they still had the molding lines on them.When every bit of time counts for the Pro's,running the tires past one heat cycle is not an option on a race weekend.Lapping is another story however.

you can flip the BFG's I have actually done it once already - the older R1's used to be asymmetrical, but the current ones are symmetrical