View Single Post
      07-08-2018, 09:13 AM   #40
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
In S FL, I like Chops Lobster Bar followed by Capital Grill for steaks. Also tried III Forks recently and liked it. I liked Abe & Louie's but had a couple of bad experiences there. Long enough ago that it might be time to try them again, although I'm still kinda pissed. Domus in Boca is very good semi-fancy Italian, and I especially like the veal parm. I also like Lynora's in downtown WPB and Hillstone in Coral Gables.

In Asheville, we really liked Corner Kitchen but they let us down this past trip. Luella's BBQ, Vinny's (homestyle Italian) and Carmel's are always good. We tried a Red Stag Grill for breakfast and it was great.

I'm a pretty picky eater and think it is best to have several "favorite" restaurants. In my experience it is rare to find a place that has consistently good food and service visit after visit, year after year. They all seem to screw up eventually.
If you want a really good steak experience in South FL; I highly recommend RED on South Beach... it is arguably the only steakhouse that I will say is not overhyped in any way. The food is fantastic, the environment is great and the service is top notch. A close second is STK on Miami Beach... Prime 112 is a place that I would highly recommend skipping given that is more of a place to be seen if you think you are "cool"... In addition; ZUMA (Japanese) in Brickell has an awesome sampling menu where everything you try feels special... virtually everything else down here is overhyped.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410968.00