View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #182
Port Canaveral M3 driver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 M3 & 05 BMW R1200GS

Garage List
ARKYM. I Just cancelled my order for (2013 M3 Coupe) three pieces, front lip (SE lip) rear diffuser, trunk lip for a total of $2339.00. The main reason I cancelled was a lack of communication concerning delivery date. It's been about two months since I placed my order. My order was fully paid for. When you are spending thousands of dollars on their products and willing to wait for a build then at least they should call you or keep you on a production list so you know what is going on and advise you of production delays, lack of parts, what ever. Bobby at PYSpeed was very nice, very professional when I spoke to him by phone after no answer to e-mail after 4.5 days (perhaps I did not wait long enough on my part, am I too impatient?). I felt he was having problems getting confirmation from the factory. Bottom line, I asked for a refund and will re-think my next move. If this is considered a "cottage industry" (is it?) would you say I jumped the gun and did not give ARKYM enough time ie perhaps another month or two to build my three items? How long should it take to at least get a trunk lip done? I might have waited longer if I could at least get started with one piece, even if I had to pay a little more for shipping at this point LOL. I feel kind of bad for canceling but what should be considered reasonable time limits for ARKYM VS IND VS other CUSTOM/ TOP NAME builders of carbon M3 lip, rear diffuser and trunk lip parts for the M3? Plus best COMMUNICATIONS about your ORDER?
Appreciate 0