View Single Post
      01-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Elementary
If you ain't first, you're last!
Rep
Drives: M Drei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
The only concern I can think of is that the Dinan top mount is 0.3" shorter in stack height than stock for more compression travel, while the GC mount is roughly the same stack height as stock. So, you lose Dinan's claimed benefit of more travel.
Incorrect.

I would think that as a track setup/suspension shop you would know how shorten shock mounts effect the suspension.

The Dinan shortened shock mounts does nothing more than shorten the overall shock assembly. Which does.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Great info. Probably a stupid question. The dinan plates raise the ride height by .25" but does that affect suspension travel? I'm thinking no but not sure.

Also, is it possible to shave down the bottom of the GC plates to acheive the same .3" increase in suspension travel?
You're on the right path.

Dinan plates do not increase suspension travel. They reduce the vehicle ride height with out compromising suspension travel. - There is a difference.

So....With the GC camber plates your car will be roughly .3" higher than the current ride height suspension travel remains the same.
Appreciate 0