mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd15 View Post
Thanks.

It's not bleeding issue. I had that before, but fixed it before heading to track. And yes, I was shocked and still shocking at how much braking power the F3R providing. It's almost too much for DD. yes,,, too much. It's the right word.

I'm sure it's not an overheated brake pads related either. Because most of the time the braking was fine, even after 7 sessions of continuely tracking in a day.

I mean the braking power is not stable enough to give me confidence. For example, if braking at a long straight away, Brembo GT BBK and Stoptech BBK (even some cracpy stock ones) on my other cars are able to brake and stop at the same spot lap after lap. However, AP is not the same. Sometimes it stops earlier than usual, sometimes it stops later than usual, which is really annoying and force me to brake earlier than where it should be. It can be happened just about anytime during the day, doesn't matter cold or hot.
This is not right -- you either have defective parts on your BBK -- or your pads are defective -- or your fluid has air in it -- or your ABS pump is wrong -- or your brake booster is wrong.
I would start another thread and bring this up to AP Racing -- I have had Brembo's (e36m3), StopTechs (e46m3) and now AP Racing ...and the AP Kit is most consistent and has the best pedal feel of all 3 IMHO. You should be raving about the consistency and predictability of this kit, otherwise something is wrong.
Appreciate 0