Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I'm getting mine today. I checked with TIS and watched an online video from ECS, as well as read through some of the forums. Seems to be pretty straightforward and will require the jacking of the DCT for fitment.
Could you please post a link to the ECS video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i had a member reach out to me for some tips and below is what i replied;

get four sturdy jackstands and have two floor jacks handy. i have relatively long arms, and it was easier to move around under there. get some mechanic goggles that seal to your face... not glasses- goggles. you will be removing a bunch of heat shields, and it is going to rain gravel on you. get a few extra driveshaft bolts- i had one strip on me and it cost me an extra trip to the dealer.

another tip that will make your life easy is to bring some sandwich bags and a sharpie out with you. when you take off all the fasteners/bolts/nuts from any one heat shield, put them all in one bag and keep them with the heat shield. there are about four types of fasteners under there and this will save you time when you're ready to button everything back up.
my favorite tool in the garage has been my milwaukee power ratchet. its not mandatory, but you'll love it.

i supported and manipulated my dct with a floor jack with a piece of wood to help evenly distribute the load. the pan is plastic, so this helped. i actually discovered the dct being raised slightly helped fit the driveshaft. to be honest, i was giving up and was getting ready to put the dct mount back on and put the driveshaft back on and drive it to my mechanic. i thought i would try it one more time and it just went!

i did shave about 1mm of metal off the tip of the driveshaft while carefully pushing it in. no problems, it was just that tight of a fit.

i have solid subframe and diff bushings and i didn't move either of them, so it can be done.
Thank you for the helpful info!
Even though this is an older M they do state that it should be the same on the E9x platform. Still lots of good information and provides some detailed guidance.

Appreciate 0