View Single Post
      09-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #61
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I wonder if its possible to disable ABS in the E9X M3? For the E46, I think that if you hold down the DSC button for a few seconds, it disables ABS in addition to disabling DSC. I doubt this procedure will work in an E9X, but I wonder if there is some other way to do it? This would be helpful in debunking the ABS theory. Just a thought.
No way to disable that i have seen.

Pulling the ABS fuse/relay MAY work....it may also cause the car to freak out too. Who knows what it would do to the DCT...

Also, on my GT3, if you had a wheel "lifted" (going out of a step driveway at an angle), and tapped the brakes, it would cause an ABS fault and disable the system for you. There was no "shut off" for the ABS taht I was aware of, but this worked everytime. Maybe the M3 will also disable it if it senses a fault.

Just had a thought...............maybe unplug one of the ABS sensors (pick a wheel!). I am sure it will cause a fault. Being as it is in fault mode, it may deactivate the system entirely. Worth a shot, and it would be easy to do and reverse.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0