Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Considering a 2011... am I crazy?

Need a quick sanity check and I have a feeling I know the response I'll get from you guys. As we all know the E90 is going to end production in October so I'm considering trading in my 2008 for well equipped 2011. Financing currently and looking to continue to do so... I got a screaming deal on my 2008 (purchased late 2008 when they were being blown out) so expect the trade in value will more than wash out what I have left owing. Discounts seem decent on 2011s and the rates aren't too bad at the moment either. Mainly just wondering if its a good move getting into a newer model of the same car. I've looked around and considered a bunch of other options but nothing really interests me at the same price range and I'm probably a few years away from dropping $100k+ on a P-car.

The F30 M3 likely won't be out for 3 years or so and its hard to say I'd automatically get the next one (too early to tell)... but on the other hand I don't see myself keeping the 2008 M3 for more than a year or so longer hence the thought to upgrade to a new one. Not to mention I could factory order with my preferred options (my 2008 was on a lot so not much choice), full warranty coverage, latest version of Nav, BMW apps, etc etc. That should easily tide me over for 3-4 years or longer and then perhaps at that point I would move to something different. Aside from potential resale of the E90 taking a beating when the new F30/F32 M3 comes out any thoughts on downside? Financially its not a huge stretch although it will certainly be more than I'm paying now... appreciate any input ie. validation that I should definitely go for the 2011.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0