View Single Post
      12-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
xcuzem3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp

New Motor at 20k Miles: Fuel Injector

Hi everyone,

Well my worst nightmare came true a couple of days ago when my 2011 e92 M3 with only 20,100 miles decided to randomly go into a limp mode when coming off a stop. Cause? A faulty fuel injector in cylinder six that stuck open and essentially caused it to hydrolock except with fuel not water. This also caused multiple other cylinders to misfire. Due to the extent of damage to the cylinder and other components, BMW decided that it needed a new engine, which I agree with.

Good news, my CPO warranty had just taken effect due to my factory warranty expiring last month. Thankfully, it will cover all the repair costs. The dealership that is doing the work on the car is extremely knowledgable and reputable, therefor I am completely confident in that my car will run like new. But still a crappy situation at the least.

My question from all of this, which I have not seen any forumns or threads touch on, is will the replacement of my engine have any type of effect on the after sale of my car? It still has an accident-free and clean title, two owners, and a fully loaded competition package. To some, having a new engine is a great thing. To others, it may scare them away or make them think the car is worth less. Any inputs?
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0