View Single Post
      09-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #57
htp autoworks
Private
Rep
Drives: A fast one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
I have Xpel film on a AW M3. It's been less than a year and the film has turned noticeably darker (not yellow, but darker). I took it to the installer today and he agreed that Xpel is no good. It's a new company and my car was the first white car he installed Xpel film on. Thankfully, he's a good guy, and is going to be re-doing the entire car with ClearShield for free next week. He said that ClearShield does not change colors, but is more difficult to install, because it rips easier when installing. But he said that once the ClearShield is installed properly, there won't be any tearing.

And btw manufactuer of ClearShield is a company called Solar Guard. So I'm getting Solar Guard ClearShield.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ClearShield is Baekert. That is not a good film... I have never heard anything good about it. And to say "it rips easily during installation" should be a big concern for you. You should not be able to tear film period. Thats the first time I have ever heard anyone say that before... and I am shocked to hear that coming from an installer. I have been installing film a long time and I can tell you that it sounds to me that you need to find another installer. Get your money back from Xpel and find a better installer with a good quality film... i.e. Clearmask AR or VentureShield Ultra. Anything less and you iwll be back down there in another year dealing with the same mess. P.M. me if you need some help.
Appreciate 0