View Single Post
      12-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

no offense, but if it took a fake reality show to remind you of those things then you're easily distracted.

but what you wrote is that it's 'humbling' and 'heart-wrenching' - it's fake reality, poorly scripted. come on.
None taken. In my life it seems that 99% of people have no idea how lucky they are to be in this country as well as forget the importance of charity. It's easy to take your family for granted too. "Fake reality" or not, many people do live life like that every day. I know I must sound like a broken jukebox, but remember to count your blessings.

"heart-wrenching" was hearing how kids come home to find that their parents packed up & left them, hearing how a teenage girl had nowhere to sleep, & many more aspects of the show.

I don't see how you could think otherwise. I guess this is a testament to how desensitized we as a nation has become....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
reminds me of my ex w/ bigger boobs lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
It's difficult for me to take this show seriously when it is so obviously scripted. First of all, somehow these millionaires are able to locate these "people in need" on their own and these people never ask why there is a camera man following them around? I don't doubt that they are helping people on this show, but it's not really as "secret" as the title suggests.
They address how in the show. The camera guys tell the people that they are filming a documentary on poverty. Nothing else.
Appreciate 0