devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Devo,

Do you fancy the group Devo, had to ask? I would say from my observation, most Porsche-philes wouldn't consider the M3. They think it is beneath them. Shows how snobbery can cloud reality. I have heard of quite a few M3 owners jump ship to Porsche, climbing the social ladder sorta speak. Of course, there are many former Porsche owners who now lay claim in reality or only figuratively to Ferrari. Speaking of Ferrari, any new word on a possible Dino derivitive? I have not heard of a lot of Porshce people move to BMW unless they needed second car for practicality or their finances were not what they once were. Sounds like your experience may be different. Driven the Cayman S much? It sounds like you prefer the 997s. I would be interested in hearing your comments regarding the positive and negatives of both cars in relation to one another.

It's kind of my nickname.

I, in no way, want to be dismissive, but Lucid has bantered me to death; LOL. I don't have it in me right now to discuss the merits of each car. I have previously posted numerous comments about the 911's attributes, as well as my feelings about the BMW v. Porsche thing. So, I'll try to leave that alone. A search may yield you some insight, if you choose.

I don't have a problem, coming back to BMW if my expectations/requirements are met.
Appreciate 0