Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkill View Post
the problem with the r8s is the electronics

if you don't want the "extras" then its an awesome care

but the navigation/TPMS/Blue tooth/keyless is out of date even. I am not sure why audi would place their 2009 interface into their 2014 face lifted r8

fk
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
911 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
V10 sounds glorious ! And r8 looks amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Another vote for the 991 turbo. That thing will be insane!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bape_sta206 View Post
991TT is sick but I'm sure that thing will be at least 150k. Out of budget at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
991TT. Single best daily driver available. Plus no r8 v8 or otherwise will touch it for performance and handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert890 View Post
i LOVE the R8 and think that in most cases this is a TOUGH decision.

In this case, though, its super easy. The goals are "low key" and "airstrip HP"

The 911T is *so* clearly the answer its nuts.

997.1T, Mezger engine, stick... Huge HP easily. Blends in. Not so insanely expensive.

I have a friend with an SC R8 V10 and its a terrifying and insane car, but it was super expensive to do that, it's a pretty complex proposition, and it attracts massive attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Btw, the R8 is hardly "numb" as the other guy said. Take it from a GT3 owner who has tracked the R8 as well. The R8 is razor sharp
Thx for all the good tips guys I really appreciate it.

One thing that will make a difference as well is that the transmission will require to be shifted from the steering wheel. I'm not giving up on MT's entirely as I have another car with an MT that I drive sometimes but after tracking/racing with the DCT, I love the balance at the track (shifting mid-corner, etc) and the acceleration with a higher HP application is just undeniable.

So an older 996 is out unfortunately. That certainly would have been the best cost-effective option. I need to look into how much HP the PDK can handle. Doing an trans build for 1,000 HP sounds very expensive and may not even be possible at the moment. I have seen the vids of the UGR R8 V10 with the DCT so it looks like that trans is capable of handling the power.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0