03-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #18
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dot View Post
how much for the differential and how much for the install?
diff is $2699 and install runs 4.7 book hours. it all depends on the shop you get it from. i was able to get a deal on both the diff and the install, but i've been sworn to secrecy about releasing the price i paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
What kind of RPM are you at now cruising on the highway at 70 MPH? Just curious what it will do to MPG?
like doba said, a few hundred rpm higher. it's significantly higher the faster you're going. example: i was at 5000rpm@110mph indicated, which we all know is lower than that in reality. i'm really curious to know what the top speed is with the diff, it's got to be significantly lower. i'll probably be selling the diff when i put a supercharger kit on if that's the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
another thing , it is weird they didn't take exhaust off the car to install your diff ... on my car Dinan took the whole thing off ...
they were able to do all the work by just lowering it off the stock mounts. the idiot that originally did that crap exhaust did a pretty piss poor job. but i'll be going to a really good exhaust guy tomorrow to remedy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
ditch that exhaust.. go for the rpi!
i'm going to be going back to stock mufflers for now until i figure out what i want to do overall with it. i might do some cutouts with the stock mufflers intact that way i can have the best of both worlds, quiet and loud. i live in a nice neighborhood and my neighbors hate the loud exhaust (as do i) so i think this might be the most viable solution for now. we'll see, i'm just going to enjoy some peace and quiet for the time being.
Appreciate 0