JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
How are they "thrashing it about" without tuning? What you posted is a direct contradiction. Vendors like Harrop, Eaton, Whipple etc build hardware they do not typically do any tuning. The Harrop rep at Bimmerfest clearly stated that they do not have software to make the kit run and they still did not have any guess at boost or power that can be made. Hardware is the easy part, software is the difficult part of these projects. Typically a tuner will figure out the software before they build the hardware unless they are looking to farm software out to a 3rd party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckles View Post
Fiy, ran into the owner of Harrop on the cruise I'm on, asked the same questions asked in this thread, long story short, they have been developing this kit for 2+ years, and they are getting someone in socal help develop the tune for them. Kit is also on their personal m3, and they have been thrashing it about. No problems so far is what I hear. Will be making a trip to Australia in march to take a personal tour of the facility.

In addition to Audi they produce superchargers for lotus, as well as some US military applications.
I've heard some unofficial news about this. We will see what happens in the next coming weeks. Can't wait to see the power being made.

Last edited by tightie; 05-28-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0