02-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I don't have any Porsche experience so this may be true. But, for them to really lose their soul they would have to use the car's stereo system to create fake engine noise.
The freaking false engine noise is unacceptable, and in no way I agree with it. Too bad the new M3/M4 will likely have it. It differs from Porsche's system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
I drove the new 991... and it is simply perfect in every way. I couldn't even complain about the electric steering, still as precise as a scalpel. But that is my main gripe... it is mechanical perfection all around. You can't even bitch about the weight... it's still super light. But when you drive a 911 from the 70's, 80's, and 90's you By now, it is pretty obvious is not the transmission. Pick up the car and drive the hell out of it (after negotiti alive. And almost every trip in those cars had a "oh shit" moment.
Yes, you can drive a "better" car now with new freaking technology. And new technogy is NOT bad. But what Phillip states cannot be oversighted. P-cars, although marvelous pieces of engineering, with every new generation are becoming more artificial. The same is true with other brands as well.

Last edited by GIdriver; 02-23-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0