View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #27
Gorigori
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

My hardline and flared nuts are also stuck. Front and rear so far I tried to break 6 of them, and 4 of them are stuck, so 66% of them are stuck. (I haven't tried the 2 upper nuts on rear inner - it looks totally impossible to reach) That's a pretty high rate. Around the brake area there are lots of gunk, dirt, etc., and it is easy to get stuck. It was even hard to place the 11mm wrench around the nut as they are so dirty (I have to scrape off and clean the nut first).

PB blaster didn't help, and you can't unscrew the hose on the caliper side either, so what I did was to first remove caliper from the bracket, and then rather than unscrewing the hose from the caliper, I unscrewed the caliper from hose - I held the hose stationary and then rotate the caliper inside wheel well until it came off. The I pried open the pin, pull the hose down a bit so that it came off the star-shaped bracket and can rotate and unscrew the hose from the hardline by rotating the hose. I guess I may be the only one to do this way, but it worked.

However I sheared the rear right hard line - that's a long one that run from right to left side - I am ordering the parts to get it replaced.
Appreciate 0