Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
@TigerTater... great post! Thank you for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
Did you "grind away any part of the inside lip" (of the shift carrier) as his instructions suggest? I didn't - and I'm hoping it explains the massive amount of NVH I'm getting through the shifter.
Hmm... please share what you find out. The added NVH would absolutely make me second guess adding this mod.
Quote:
Did you "grind away any part of the inside lip" (of the shift carrier) as his instructions suggest? I didn't - and I'm hoping it explains the massive amount of NVH I'm getting through the shifter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
@TigerTater... great post! Thank you for sharing

Quote:
Hmm... please share what you find out. The added NVH would absolutely make me second guess adding this mod.

Thanks guys. No additional NVH for me. I did replace all the included new bushings though. Which is a pain, but worth it since you're already in there. After a few months it's hard to remember what the old shifter was like lol.

This one definitely loosens up some after use, but still stays tight if that makes sense at all.
Appreciate 1
Hagasan41266.00