United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
What Seminole said.

If you're going to run a site and sell advertising, then you should assure that the proper releases are obtained from the owner, models, property owners, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the old lady looked over at Getty Images to see what properly licensed work cost and decided not to pay.

Was your copyright shown where the image was stolen? Have you registered your copyrighted images? Is the site owner in a country that honors copyright laws? If all those are "yes", then you might consider suing. It could be very costly to you and the owner may have no assets to take. Would you be better off receiving credit and a link to your portfolio? All things to consider...

Dave
I'm not going to sign up for an account to verify it, but since all the puzzles are posted by users and not the website itself, I'm assuming there is a little check-box when you go to upload a new photo that says something along the lines of "I certify that I have the right/permissions to use this photo". It also looks like the owner/operator of the website is located in Denmark, so going after them for anything would be difficult. At best he could e-mail the guy and see if he will take the picture down.