View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
What do you feel is more effective for lowering overall engine temp, upgraded oil cooler or upgraded coolant radiator? Especially since oil cooler is infront/blocking radiator.
That's a good question. I lack real data to answer, however I have some thoughts

Remember I have not had any overheating issues at all with my 6MT 2013 M3. The one that worries me is the DCT 2011 as 'DCT runs hotter'

The only person I know well who has had overheating issues with their M3 running slicks was ramming into the 'engine temps' warning on track. He replaced the oil radiator for a larger one and never had the issue again, despite posting the fastest times I've seen at several tracks.
The owner did continue to complain that the DCT got laggy in extended runs. He never replaced the DCT or any radiator other than the oil one.

My brother and I double track whatever car we're running, so we didn't want issues with the DCT and the rest of the cooling stuff.

The oil cooler does not block the radiator at all. The oil cooler air is diverted under the car, whereas the radiator air goes into the engine.

The do88 oil cooler is much larger than the oem unit. The water one is similarly sized. It's bigger but not much bigger.
Appreciate 0