03-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #2130
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfysflaw View Post
Still rooting for you Ken... hang in there. But you really need to get the financing noise taken care of or just throw in the towel and go somewhere else for your M3.
As of now, giving up is not a solution for ANY of the involved parties.

Ken has summed up a bunch of lawyer fees that will stick to him even if he decides to bin this M3 and get one elsewhere. That would put him into the "loser" position, paying up a lot and not getting ANYTHING in return.

Husker/Fil/VT have a lot of bad press on their asses, so for them it's either a) sell the car (while still making it a hell of a hassle to Ken and trying to squeeze a few hundred $ here or there) and then brag about how customer oriented they are in order to turn the bad press into good press or b) make Ken give up, so they can drag him through the mud and turn the bad press good this way (i.e. by claiming he was a fraudulent bidder who started this libel and slander campaign all on wrong premises).

So, yeah, we entered headbutt territory quite some time ago. Sure as hell, I would not like to be in Ken's position. Also, I am pretty sure, once this is done, a careful evaluation of money spent to lawyers and time involved will ring up the price Ken paid to 75k easily.
Appreciate 0