06-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #908
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whopay View Post
I had one done by Horizon, after seeing your postings I am feeling my numbers are ok. Not sure why I am being warned though. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
It is stored during the winter, with a few cold starts throughout the winter. The oil was changed after driving for 1/2hr on the first drive of this season.
The red for viscosity is confusing, as a 10w60 is going to thin out to about that level over the course of a typical change interval. I went and looked at a few of my old reports on both TWS and TwinPower 10w60, and they all had viscosity ~16.4-17.5 after 7,500 miles (including track use which punishes the oil). Did you not tell them which exact oil was in there, how long it was in, etc.? Maybe you should give them a call and ask them to clarify this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a few cold starts throughout the winter", but unless you brought the oil up to temperature completely, and drove for a while to burn off the moisture and fuel, you may have actually made things worse by just dumping fuel into the oil. Cars run rich when they're cold, so a few cold starts in the winter just to drive it around the block or whatever is not a great idea, as you're seeing in the data.

The high fuel content is a bad thing, just to be clear. 2.4% is huge. I would keep an eye on that as it could be a sign of a leaky injector or something like that.