Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Prior to May of 2018, wasn't China already charging a 25% tariff on US made Car imports? Then due to pressure from the US, they reduced it to 15% temporarily until this article yesterday that it is going back to 25%. So it seems it's just back to what China was always charging and therefore should have no added impact? So no one seemed to worry about Chinese demand for BMWs over the last decade of 25% tariffs. I know there are a lot of Trump haters here, but he is ultimately trying to get that 25% down which would help BMW and the USA. It seemed to temporarily work back in May and I'm still optimistic that when this is all said and done we will overall be in a better place with reduced tariffs that will have a positive impact on Americans.
It's 15% + 25% for ex-US, so 40% total.

All the assembled X3, X4, X5, X6, X7 and X3L PKD's come from Spartanburg.
Tough to read that explicitly. BBC just says 25% and not that it is additive.

That being said, there was a 25% tariff for a decade and no one seemed to care about the impacts American workers. It was just accepted. I wish everyone was this vocal then.

And of course China does a bunch of other bad stuff so glad to see someone pushing back finally.
Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
Efthreeoh17316.50