09-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #34
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
The Bugatti's may be build more of a luxury car (certainly the interior), but the amount of technical innovations they bring is a bit disappointing, certainly if you compare it to koenigsegg.
But I look at cars probably more from a technical pov. Certainly these high performance hypercars. I dont really care how soft the leather is, but if they use a for instance a completely new invented anti rollbar system, or method to control the valves in the cylinder head in ways other manufacturers never dreamt of, thats the sort of thing I like. And on that front Koenigsegg does things that no other hypercar manufacturer can rival, without the backing of huge companies. They do everything themselves, and in that way they are pretty much unique.
While I give CK credit for his out of the box thinking like the Jesko trans, I'd argue the Bugatti's ability to trundle around town like a VW Golf, or handle inclement weather like a regular A4 Quattro, and then do something like run at 250mph+ all within the same day is the innovation.
Appreciate 1