12-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #83
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Stroker+DCT = Yes. Stroker + 6MT = I'm more pessimistic. From this, Famoso, and various 60-130 results, it looks like the DCT has a near insurmountable advantage over the 6MT.
Not sure. Granted, JonMartin's 6 speed manual M3 was almost neck and neck with DLSJ5's M-DCT in a drag race with similar mods with DLSJ5 being a nose ahead, I would think it is entirely possible to get the 6 speed manual to break into the 11s with just bolt-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
For the HP/TQ the car makes, it is an over achiever IMHO, but no doubt a Z06 is faster. With boost it's going to be a lot of fun. Best of luck, and I hope you get into the 11's, just make sure you get a good launch, the rest is easy.
Great work DLSJ5!!! You truly are proving M3 is not only a great race track car, but the engine is truly astonishing even for drag racing.

I remember how the E46 M3s needed supercharger + nitrous + stripped out interior + full bolt-ons to break the 12s. A good example was JMWeb's E46 M3 that ran a 11.99 secs with all those mods and 500+ wheel HP.

The S65 is truly an astonishing motor that can get into the 11s completely on bolt-ons. I think it is all in how it delivers torque across the rev range that E46 M3 could never dream of. Great job!

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0