07-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Growing up as a Kid I wanted to be in the miltary. Especially I wanted to get in to the Intelligence services of the miltary. It never happened because I was born in the minority of my birth country and there is a war going on between the majority and the minority and I was never able to get in to the miltary.

Then my second dream was to be a Pilot. - For the same reason as above never came closer to touching a plane.

Third One - Wanted to be a DJ. Did that for my friends party and house parties. But never able to get in to mainstream for family reasons.

So after I migrated to Canada I decided to pursue my dream of law enforcement (I love my Adopted country. Happy to be a Canadian) I did a lot of things which would have put me in the law enforcement but then again family responsiblities stopped me from doing it. I was ready to take the pay cut and every thing but when I sat down and looked at my parents and my brothers ( I support my family) I just couldn't do it.

Just like OP the last thing I wanted to do was computers. Now I am in IT. Doing this for the last 14+ Yrs. I love my job. I am thankful for every thing I have.
May be one day my kids can follow their dreams

That is so important. I picked up Rock and Roll from my dad. He always had it on. But, he was a hard working accountant that believed the "normal" path was the right path. I love him to death but wish he would have been more supportive. He let me play as long and loud as I wanted but when I would cut the amp off I think he was probably saying "Thank God".