View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #65
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I finally got my emissions test done and my new registration in the mail so as of the middle of last week my car is finally road legal again and it's put together the way I had thought/intended back when I first bought it.

Weather was great this weekend and I could take it out on one of my known north Georgia driving loops to get some real impressions. I hit a bit more traffic than I'd like and a few places didn't actually get to enjoy but overall just happy to have the car together the way I want and feel like I can start to learn it.

Very happy with the car. I think I did confirm that the B16 Bilstein just isn't for me and it's just a tad too compromised for road comfort to be what I want out of performance suspension. It's great that the are EDC compatible but that definitely means you're suspension tuning options are more limited to Comfort/Normal/Sport. I found that 80-85% of the time they were exactly what I'd want but I find myself yearning for that last 10-15%. I'll miss being able to just push a button and be back in Comfort when I'm not out to drive hard but it's not a daily driver. If it was, I'm about 99.9% sure I'd keep them and it would be hard to find a better setup especially for EDC equipped cars.

I'm still trying to get used to the really long gearing. I have a strong want for 4.10s in this car. Not a deal breaker as is but shorter gears would make me happier with less power.

Also, still really trying to get used to the floor hinged pedal for heel-toe. It still feels very awkward to me. Likely just more seat time to help that out.

Appreciate 1