View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #57
72carbon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
I've been a member for several years now mostly just occasionally poking around to see a cool build or browse through classifieds. I've had M3s on my mind for a few years now and each time I thought I was ready to part with the S2000 I'd change my mind. Fast forward to today and I have two young kids (neither of which I had when I purchased the last S2000) and it is what I'll say got me over the hump to finally getting serious about the M3. It's still a weekend toy/3rd car for our family but I like the idea that it's still something I could throw a car seat in the back of if I wanted.

I've almost exclusively been playing around with Honda S2000s for the last 10+ years and just sold my 4th. You can find me as //steve\\ on S2KI. It was the one I thought I'd keep forever and the most built up of all that I had owned. It's pretty much all I've known. Maintenance is cheap and you can just really get out and drive them without worrying about much. It will spoil every future fun car I own.

For me it's always been about quality over quantity so I'd rather have a couple really nice parts that are worth their cost than just throwing tons of cheap parts at a car to stack a "mod" list.

I got extremely lucky with the M3 I found and it's still a little hard to believe it's mine. If you've been around you're sure to recognize it. This all started when I was browsing Instagram and it may have been a post from slicer_m but I noticed this car in particular had Georgia plates on it. Find the owners page and sure enough it's very local. Message him just to first say I love the car and I've been interested in M3s for quite a while and I'd love to see it......and then for kicks I asked if he had a price. We all have a price in our head that if someone pays we'll let it go. At least that's always been true for me. Maybe I just haven't found that car that's so good I can't ever let it go. I did a little more homework and decided I'm in. Immediately had the S2000 for sale and was just keeping my fingers crossed someone else wouldn't come in and do the same and buy it before me or that the owner would change his mind about selling at all. In the end it all worked out. It felt like it's been months since that first message but it's probably been 4-5 weeks.

This was Dom's car (ebisu8 or ebisu8_m on IG)
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1622599

I would consider myself to be very picky with parts and especially finer details of a car and this thing just felt like something almost exactly as I'd build it.

I almost hate to change anything but I will. I'll want to make it feel like my own car. Exterior is likely to stay as is or very very minor changes. The GTS aero was one of the things that truly won me over. Inside will see a couple more changes but the most significant thing will be that I have every intention on removing the supercharger. I know everyone thinks this is crazy but it's just not something I'm interested in. I have the most fun in a car going around corners and cruising mountain roads. Chasing power isn't for me. The car will likely retain a basic NA setup and if I actually upgrade anything it will be to a more motorsport oriented suspension setup (and even then there isn't much to do other than a shock change). Dom really did it all. I'm incredibly thankful we could work something out and I get the chance to own the car.

I do know myself well enough to say everything is on the table though. If this car has something you just have to have message me and ask. Maybe it's for sale, maybe not. The things I definitely will change you'll find in classifieds soon enough.

I've got a lot to learn here too. First time in over 10 years that I'm in a totally new platform and my knowledge is seriously lacking. I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to say I'm a know-it-all. I'm very much looking forward to digging in.

I just got the car registered under my name today and I intend to enjoy it exactly as is for a few more weeks until I really dig into anything.

PINCH ME! I must be dreaming

That is a NICE setup on both cars! Sick!
Appreciate 0