///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_0001 View Post
Hi All,

I have a new to me M3. Finally got it, dream car :-).
Competition pack, DCT, 2012 model.

I am living in the middle east now, with the car and over here we do not really have great engineering or service and also prices are insane. To that end, I can't really take the vehicle to BMW..... It just won't work. The car would be kept for weeks, they wouldn't fix it, and then I'd be charged an arm and a leg.

Im looking for some advice from a former DIYer.
My position at the moment is that I have no tools or anything. Just a laptop and a phone.
Can anyone advise on what software / cabling I need to buy in order to start troubleshooting and diagnosing the car?

To give an over view of the fault.

When I go to the car, the car opens, either from the fob, or by just walking up to car and pulling on the door. No issue. I get into the car, and press the on button, all the power comes on, lights, radio, dash etc. I press the on button with the brake depleted and I hear just a light click sound but the engine does not fire up.

This has happened 3x now in 2 months. Latest time was last night.
It's always in the same place, parked in garage and car last used the night before. So the engine is cold, but not sure if this is related or not.
On each occasion I have not done anything, at all to fix it. I attempt to start it, around 10x and nothing happens. I give up, then I try again and it fires up.
It should be noted, I don't see any running issues or problems at all. Car works wonderfully with this exception.
I have no warning lights on the dash or in the idrive.
Additionally, I have two keys. When I have the problem active, I have tried with both keys and none of them allow the car to start. Under normal use, both the keys work.
I have probably started and stopped the engine around 100x without issue, just these 3x occasions where it's not started.

Really hoping for someone to share similar experience with this fault and also some directions as to what cables, software, and tooling would be required to start pinpointing the fault.

Thanks in advance.
G
Buy a CTEK battery tender !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0