11-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #36
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Ill take a little more road noise with better quality interior and materials anyday. Have you ever driven a Ferrari? Its the same as being in a 911/Cayman as far as noise, but that doesnt mean its interior also isnt top notch.
Another thing about quality. BMW paint isnt all that great these day anymore either. Their cars have so much orange peel its almost embarassing.
I've driven quite a few Ferrari cars over the years, they are great cars from a mechanical perspective and to drive but I didn't feel they were given the same attention to the quality of the electronic or fit and finish. Yes they are noisy but it's a mechanical noise that is to be enjoyed instead of endured. I actually switched from a Boxster just because I couldn't stand the drone at motorway speeds, it gave me a sore head constantly, the Cayman is a little better but I couldn't go back to living with one on a daily basis, probably my age has something to do with that.

I think most here would complain about the paint finish on their BMW cars, lots of orange peel and extremely smooth which makes them more prone to stone chips and scratches. I think it's the process they use more so than the quality of their bodyshop.
Appreciate 0