View Single Post
      10-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #200
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
When I enter the discussion is relevant how exactly?

It's great of you to clarify your experience. Again, it clearly helps make you a great forum contributor and an M owner who knows more than the vast majority. However, I still stick by my statement that you are involved in an entirely different realm of engines and you have no direct engineering experience. Working with engineers for a prototype simply is not engine design. Nor is it tribology the relevant engineering sub discipline here. Yes all engines have bearnings and bearing clearances, this is for sure but the heavy, noisy and low rpm world is very different than the S65...

You also did not answer my question yet... It would be great to know your answer:

Agree or disagree, my rewording of your statement is more accurate accounting of your hypothesis?

By the way, I've seen enough here to change my oil immediately and go with a thinner oil. Nothing wrong with being conservative. That being said I still firmly believe we have a hypothesis here and there is fully contradictory evidence to the hypothesis. Not exactly a 100% kind of situation...

Cheers.
Please take the Q&A to PM's so this thread can stay on track without getting closed. I'm now looking through my notes to see if I can cobble together a second set of correlated measurements to bearing photos. Hopefully I can.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6730.00