View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #138
urbanjunglist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Wow. I will admit, I occasionally drive the way I shouldn't drive on public roads. But mine are long stretches, outside the city, with long range visibility, and places I've known my whole life. That doesn't justify putting the general public in danger... I'm just saying on behalf of those of us who don't always have access to a track, I know the itch... but that game must be played with extreme care.

Bottom line, he got short-sighted during an adrenalized moment... wasn't watching far enough down that road, came in too hot and not even close to wide enough. He came in hugging the right side of the right lane approaching a right turn... that deal was done before he even started his turn.

Glad he walked away... but sooo soo sad for that beautiful machine, instantly reduced to scrap. gotta give it up for that side curtain though, deploying at the first hint of a lateral tremor... bmw engineering, f*ckin forget about it.

Impressive footage, very humbling and a gut-check on (mods or no mods) how serious these machines are.
Appreciate 0