View Single Post
      09-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I run them on my M3. I gave some quick reviews in other threads.

They are special order only for the M3. I've been getting it through EAS.. they have a hard time getting it from their distributor and usually takes them 6 months or so to get an order though with numerous delays. I believe they wait for a shipping container to fill up before they send it over. Really crazy to wait this long for something that is so small and easily airmailed.

For background info, I had a great experience with them on the Evo. They were completely silent, great on track with a super high heat rating for a hybrid pad and DD friendly.

On the M3, they still have the great high temp ability as before but they squeal. I broke them in as usual and use high temp anti squeal as usual but they still squeak. Perhaps it is due to caliper/rotor design. The Evo has a more rigid Brembo 4 piston caliper. The single piston sliding caliper design of the M3 may be more prone to vibrations and noise. Brake dust is about the same as with stock pads. Cold bite is great. It never gets below 50F here in San Francisco so no comment on freezing temp performance.

On track, they perform very well. High torque throughout the temp range and the best streetable track pad I've run. People who have ridden with me comment that it feels like they're going to fly through the windshield when I step on the brake. It really has very high braking torque at track speeds. I have to be careful not to step too heavily on the brake pedal as it can lock the tires sometimes.

I'm waiting for my next set of pads from EAS (been waiting a long time). The old set I have run 7 track days on and are worn out. They worked just as well when worn down as when new. The characteristics didn't change as it wore down. I've attached a pic of the pad when I removed it.

Overall on the M3 - great on track, ok on street with some squeal. It is not a full on track pad. You're better off with PMU Club Racer pads if that's the case. Maybe ok as a track/race pad for a lighter car - not for the heavy M3. Great as a cheaper BBK alternative. You get great bite and track heat handling in a pad that is still streetable.

I've replaced it with Cool Carbon pads for mainly street use and I don't like them. Waiting for my replacement set whenever EAS can actually get them to me...
Attached Images

Last edited by Z K; 09-10-2015 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
Theodore668.50
DrFerry6728.50