View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #70
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I've been keeping up with the Olympics, it's fun to watch some of these sports which aren't really shown on tv such as fencing, archery, water polo, track, cycling, swimming etc etc… I do enjoy it.

As far as Simone Biles pulling out due to her mental health, that was unfortunate since it did cost the US a Gold (and maybe more), and we won't be seeing her in the individuals either. It's hard to put "pulled out" and "GOAT" in the same sentence because the greats look forward to the challenge and that's when they really step up. For Simone, well not so much.

Only she knows what's going on, but it's just unfortunate this happened now since this is most likely her last Olympics since next one she would be 28 and I believe that is out of the age range you see for most competing gymnasts.
this is really the only gripe i have about it. If MJ or Brady pulled out of a Finals Game 7 or SB because they were off, people would blast them and there would be a legitimate argument that they arent the GOAT because of it. Athletes, as well as everyone, get into their heads and perform poorly. Its how they overcome that that makes them the greatest of all time.

But its the times we are in where you cant criticize anyone for saying they struggled cause of "mental health". Look at all the shit some of the NBA analysts got for saying Simmons wasnt mentally tough in the playoffs this year.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0