View Single Post
      02-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr View Post
Not intentionally, of course, but several people have reported issues with Comfort Access and the trunk, and in fact the manufacturer's page warning about the problem itself says "if the trunk button does not react after the car has been sitting for a while, this is the reason why". I remain unconvinced there are no problems with the latest versions of the modules on certain vehicles without the dedicated power tap workaround (especially given the manufacturer told martinmartin "there is no hardware update that would solve the issue."). It would not surprise me if bypass mode did not eliminate the problem either, since the module remains powered acting as a "router", but I'll give it a try.

So can someone please verify that stock E93s with Comfort Access (and NO mods4cars modules installed) take several seconds and/or pulls on the trunk handle to unlock/open after leaving the car locked and untouched for, say, 1 hour or more?

If that is the case then it appears that my SmartTOP module (purchased from EAS in November) and vehicle (2011.5) do not conflict. Otherwise this is still a problem and I will have to run a dedicated power tap.
I do have a stock E93 (granted it's not a 2011 M3, but merely a 07 335i) and I generally don't have problems opening the trunk. Initially what I noticed is that when the keyfob is in my pants and I'm a couple steps away, sometimes when I try to open the trunk it just makes a clicking sound but the motor to open doesn't trigger. I figured out that it was a distance/RF issue (or perhaps the junk in my pants was blocking the signal - pun intended ). Now I always rotate my hip with the keyfob towards the trunk so it's only a few inches away. Using this method is opens 100% of the time without any issues.
Appreciate 0