12-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #41
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
But as far as I'm concerned, the redline predictions for this car is where my interest ends. At this point, with low-revving engine, and boring turbo characteristics, my bet there will be nothing to separate this car from its competitors.

Might as well buy a GTR or C63 or anything. I'm sorry, but I can't see what is left to keep this car ///M as they have killed its soul. Its all the same now....
Wow, you really have lost faith. Which modern turbo cars have you driven? Folks are succeeding pretty well in drastic reductions in turbo lag. I might be going out on a limb, but when the car is released and the performance is well known, I suspect you (like 80% of those now disappointed) will be lusting after it. The pattern of M naysayers who convert to current generation owners or droolers is quite well established. Its been happening since the release of the E36 M3.

Now all that being said, if you want an all out track car (or simply the engine experience of such a car) NA is the way to go and the S65 is a real gem. Just to be clear I'm certainly not implying here that the E9X M3 is an all out track car at all.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0