07-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #6256
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Just noticed some unusual chunking/peeling (delaminating?) on the inside of the passenger front tire. In a few spots the cord is visible. I've never seen wear like this before on this exact tire. Car was just aligned to GM spec right after these were installed.

Driver front tire is not doing this. Rears are fine.

Tire Rack looked at the photos and said it's either something off in the alignment, or it could be a product of the track/driver inputs. They're claiming it isn't a defect.

Any ideas what's happening here? Should I have the dealer re-check the alignment?
Inside edge would imply a possible alignment error with toe would it not? (Among other possibilities) Just because they're a dealer doesn't mean they always get it right. My friend (370z) and I get our alignments done by a friend who works at a dealership, and one time 370z friend had abnormal wear and went to get the alignment checked at a different shop and they found the toe was way off. We never found the exact reason, but the dealership friend could only guess that the sensor wasn't lined up properly or had bugged out somehow.

Also, just curious, do the C7's use double wishbone or macpherson struts up front?
Appreciate 0