View Single Post
      07-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #30
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The Model 3 just doesn't make sense financially. My estimates are it will cost over $5.00 per 100 miles to fuel. Not a unbelievable bargain; especially when you consider it's a $50,000-70,000 vehicle.

Any pure EV isn't realistic to be your only car. These are second or third cars.

I also think EV owners should be required to generate their own power so they don't tax the grid. When I hear about brown outs and power shortages I want to scream from the mountain tops and ask why we're pushing cars into the grid.

Also- Tesla owners are truly insufferable. I feel like unplugging their car whenever I see one publicly refueling... Not that I've ever done that.
I don't think most people are considering a Tesla purely as a gas savings option. You can save $1000 a year maybe which is great but as you said that's not the top priority for someone buying a $50k+ car.

Why can't an EVs be a primary? Not suggesting it should be but why can't it be?

I dont think EVs will be terribly imposing on the grid since I think most charging happens overnight during which time there is a smaller load on the system.
Appreciate 0