11-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
424D57
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [0.00]
Been at the VPC for eternity...

Ordered last week of September, cleared customs in baltimore on Nov 3, listed as at VPC Nov 5, but still listed at VPC. CA said he heard middle of last week they were almost done with installs and that there was no damage during transport.

Anyone else (owners or dealers) with experience on the east coast -> midwest delivery since the changeover to Baltimore (apparently post september production - CA said this is the first order my dealership has had go through the new way) - is this really an interminable amount of time or am i just too anxious after seeing the that the old way netted happy M3 owners with delivery days after entering the country? Any intel out there as to what gets installed at the VPC that used to get installed by dealers? Any intel as to what volume capacity changes may look like or whether several VPCs have been consolidated to the port? I suppose I haven't seen really any good info about the new port procedure; I get the impression that she won't go to South Carolina anymore just straight from port to dealer, but would be interested to see any information in that arena too.

Thanks in advance for any replies; the wait is just killing me - at present it looks like I'm going to have to drop winter tires on her the day she arrives.

-424D57
Appreciate 0