03-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwirobbie View Post
If an American can make the Ultimate Aero when just about every car that's ever been designed by the American big three is crap then the japs who build better cars than anything coming out of the US sure as shit can build something as good as if not better than the Veyron. Besides this is a tuned Veyron, if a company like Jun can get 1000bhp from a Supra just imagine what they could get from a Veyron, 500kph won't be that difficult to achieve.
ok buddy.. do you KNOW what forces of nature would work on your car at 500kmph?? I mean if you were brave enough to drive your car on a regular highway and if the road surface got a little uneven or there was some kind of debris (very minimal), your car would hydroplane (sans the water) for a brief moment, which would change the direction of airflow to the downforcing elements on the car which would inevitablely lift the car up as if you were going to take off and you can imagine the rest.

Getting accelerating figures for a better 0-60, 120, 180 than what they have on paper is doable. But to try and get to a 500kmph top speed is a daunting task. Add to that a mix of daily driveability and comfort and well.... lets just say this, you come up with an idea for that project and you will be hailed as an automotive genius.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0