07-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Did the dealer not give you a couple of litres of the proper oil for the M?On my 2 new M's they always put extra oil in the trunk for times like that and was told it was part of an M delivery!
All I got was free mats, not that I'm complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
sorry to hear man, but that's why this forum exists. glad ur car is okay though, 250 is nothing compared to damage that could have happened. fair price for the lesson
true dat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
Did you initial the $160 estimate before they did the oil change? If so I would have disputed the additional charge. They should never have assumed charges. It should be on servicer. BTW there is a nice oil bottle holder you can buy from BMW to prevent any accidents in your trunk.
service guy did not have me initial the estimate. Thanks for the tip on the oil bottle holder, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
I am confused, did your maintenance warranty expire after 90days? WTF???
Ffter dropping $80k I am not paying a mother F'ing DIME especially for oil
No, the warranty is still in effect but does not cover user-errors like overfilling the oil. I'm a little pissed at the operation of the oil-updating or lack thereof via iDrive and the dashboard. A faster, streamlined update process would've kept me from adding the second quart of oil.