View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I got a ride in a Model 3 Performance last weekend and the off the line acceleration is absolutely stunning. We used full traction control so it just hooked and went with 100% torque right off the line. Pins your head right back to the headrest.

I’d say it’s in the very low 3 second range. But what makes the difference is that there is no ramp up to power. It might not be any faster than a nice running E9xM3 after a few seconds, but those first few seconds will put the 3 in the lead far enough to hold it through the quarter mile. The E9xM3 would start reeling in the 3 at some point but probably would not pass it until about 120mph.

Handled pretty firmly as well. And I know one of the car magazines did a mild overhaul to the suspension of one and made it handle even more firmly and sharply.

I am not ready for one yet but am impressed by the performance versions of the Tesla 3 and S and look forward to learning more about the Taycan.
Got to drive a Taycan 4S over the weekend and was thoroughly impressed with how it drove and the silly acceleration. Launch control was not THAT impressive, but from a roll, it literally felt like being on a rollercoaster. My friend was looking at leasing one and it's $1900 a month

Off topic, I know this is supposed to be about Teslas. I do think they make amazing DD's, but for an emotional/fun drive, I'll go with an ICE engine everyday.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0