12-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #26
The_BatBoy_187
Private
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Grossely incorrect. 599 GTO, GT2 RS, Noble 600, 458 Italia, pre-prod Lexus LFA (and 'ring edition), LP570-4 superleggera etc. all have proven to slaughter the GTR in head to head comparisons around a race track while many offering much superior, visceral, engaging and dynamic driving experience.

No doubt, GTR offers a lot of car and performance numbers to boot for the price that is tough to match and puts it at a much higher padestal, but let's not get carried away there.
Offcourse it will differ in certain tracks/conditions....the current time for a GTR on the Nurburgring is 7:24 if I'm not misinformed...which porsche claimed to be false..but let's not get off topic and go into that dispute.....What I meant when I said "everthing" was actually "most cars that no one thought were touchable by 'a Nissan' " If the GTR weren't that impressive, Porsche would've never even looked at it. I also stated that the GT2 RS was the GTR slayer, not victim. Same goes for 599 GTO, which I didn't even mention because I don't have that much info about it. Long story short, the GTR offers excellent peroformance for its price, just look at all the cars it goes to war with and not to mention the ones it wins; it's an astounding car.