View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #31
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I think that's below average, but yea MOST don't make as much as many people would think. On the other hand you have those agents with a bunch of million dollar listings who roll in it.

I still thing agents are overpaid though, but that's because I'm a serious buyer/seller who doesn't waste peoples time but as a result of other doofuses who aren't really serious, I have to pay for them as well. I think buyers agents should be paid flat rates for showings and return their commission to the buyer, that would flush out the morons.
Agree, the straight commission really doesn't work very well, but most agents are independent contractors. Also as far as the net 30k pay its not unrealistic especially in this market also that would equate to roughly 42k before taxes, but who knows how much each agent spends on expenses. I supplement my income through real estate and since I am a copywriter my marketing is basically free, so i don't incur some of those expenses... Many of the agents at my office are struggling and some losing their home. Most of the houses I deal with are in pre-forclosure, short sale, or in foreclosure. It's even worse since Sandy hit... The multi-million dollar home owners expect you to advertise/market their house without cost to them whether you sell or not, so that generally takes a large chunk of your commission. In addition only handful of realtors make ridiculous money, just like anything else for the most part...