08-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Yes, you guys have to wait longer because it goes through the Panama canal. I'm about 'central' (near Toronto, Ontario). So after it got discharged from the boat on the east coast last Thursday, it travelled by train to Toronto over the course of 6 days - although it might have only taken 3 if the train hadn't broken down. Then it was supposed to take 2 to 3 days to arrive at the dealership by truck, but it made it in 1 day.

If you pick it up next Thursday or Friday, I'm guessing it will arrive at your dealership Tuesday or Wednesday!

I posted a couple of pics of the dirty car in the Canadian tracking thread (as we're not supplied with an on-line tracking system by BMW): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=85
Wow quite an adventure with the train breaking down! Anyway that's an absolutely beautiful exterior color...it's going to be quite a love affair keeping it spotless! I take it this isn't going to be driven much in the winter? This is going to be my daily driver so I wanted the least cleaning commitment possible so I got Mineral White. I think I washed my 335 like 5 times in 3 yrs

I'm told by my SA that the M3 will spend about a week at the VDC in Oxnard where it will get some carbon fibre add-on's and other prep, and should be ready to pick up as soon as the dealership gets it. I'm just now reading the manual but I will need a week to figure out all this DCT/MDM, etc stuff as I'm a slow learner. And I just got to the break-in part...so I can't redline this thing right out of the lot???
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0